This may be the most melt in your mouth salmon you have ever tasted. At a recent DinnerTime event where we cooked it for guests, every last morsel was gone in 2 minutes flat. And talk about a complete meal! This dinner recipe features oily fish high in omega 3, slow release carbs to maintain even blood to boost metabolism and alertness through the day, and vitamin rich cauliflower to make you stronger and smarter!
900 grams Sweet Potatoes,peeled and cut into wedges
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
40 millilitres Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 Chicken Stock Cube
600 grams Salmon Fillet
1 Lemon, juiced
1 bunch Spring Onions, chopped finely
A handful Fresh Sage, chopped finely
A handful Fresh Parsley, chopped finely
2 tablespoons White Vinegar(h)
Lemon Wedges, for serving
300 grams Cauliflower, cut into florets
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
2. Peel and cut the sweet potato into wedges. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until soft. Then set aside to cool, and mash in blender.
3. Dissolve the stock cube in 200- 500 ml of hot water and add the liquid to the blender to make a smooth puree.
4. Meanwhile, place the salmon fillet in a roasting dish and season it generously with salt and pepper.
5. Whisk together 40 ml olive oil and the lemon juice and drizzle the mixture evenly over the salmon. Let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, chop the spring onions, sage leaves and fresh parsley.
7. In a small bowl, stir the above herbs together. Scatter the mixture over the salmon fillet, turning it so that both sides are generously coated. Dissolve the vinegar in 4 tablespoons of water and pour this liquid around the fish fillet.
8. Roast the salmon for 10 to 12 minutes, until almost cooked in the center at the thickest part.
9. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and allow resting for 10 minutes.
10. Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower into florets and steam/ boil until crisp tender. Refresh in ice water. Cut the lemon into wedges.
11. Cut the salmon crosswise into serving pieces and serve hot with lemon wedges and cauliflower, on a bed of the sweet potato mash.
Source: DinnerTime (www.dinnertime.me)