You know by now just how passionate we are here at Choithrams about using organic produce. Well, thanks to our partnership with Tesco, our organic stock has expanded even further. From healthy organic pasta and rice, to top quality tinned goods, condiments and preserves, you can rest assured that whatever you pop on your plate, it will be full of flavour and free of preservatives, hormones and other nasty stuff. Try this organic chickpea casserole recipe , flavoured with spicy sausage if you like, for a hearty weekday supper.
3 tbsp Tesco Organic
Extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, sliced
Spicy sausuage/chorizo (optional)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 celery sticks, sliced
1 can Tesco Organic chopped tomatoes
1 tsp cumin powder
Salt & pepper
1 can Tesco Organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Handful fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion for five minutes until soft. If you’re using the sausage, add it at the same time and fry until it goes brown and crispy on the outside.
2. Add the garlic, pepper and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further five minutes.
3. Stir in the tinned tomatoes and cumin powder and season to taste. Allow to bubble gently for five minutes.
4. Add the chickpeas and heat through.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.